We are thankful for the over 200 volunteers who support us regularly at Lisaard and Innisfree Hospice. They come with a ready smile and an attitude of service and gratitude. A typical volunteer shift is approximately three hours.
We are supported by two types of Volunteers:
Volunteers who provide Lisaard and Innisfree Hospice with operational house assistance including:
- Kitchen (baking or meal prep)
We are currently recruiting volunteers for the following positions:
- Kitchen: provide meals (breakfast and lunch) for our residents OR provide baking for our residents and their visitors
- Reception: warmly welcome visitors to our hospices; answer the telephone; and provide tours
- Laundry: Innisfree House only. Support our Personal Support Workers with laundering bed linens, towels, and kitchen linens
- Music Therapy: use music therapy to help residents deal with emotional and/or physical difficulties
- Nail Care: provide basic nail care to our residents once per week
Volunteers who directly support residents and their families during their final days. This can involve feeding; repositioning; transferring; reading; writing letters; or talking. Hospice of Waterloo Region provides the training, ongoing education and support, and schedules the volunteers for shifts at Lisaard and Innisfree Hospice. These volunteers must complete a 33 hour training program.
ALL volunteers play a valuable role at both hospices; their support is vital and integral to the ongoing operation of the hospice and is greatly appreciated. For more information please contact us at 519-208-5055 ext. 254 or email@example.com
A local police vulnerable screening check is required by all volunteers.