We suggest that family and friends return home at night to ensure their own well-being with adequate rest. If a resident requests for a loved one to stay with them overnight while their condition is stable we suggest only one individual stay with them. Staff will provide the linens for your stay. Please note there are not sleep surfaces in the resident rooms at Lisaard House, however there is a recliner chair.
If you loved one is imminently dying and staff have suggested you to stay at the hospice we do not limit the number of people but do request that you select one common area to gather in when outside the resident’s room.
Guests are welcome to take a rest break from the resident’s room but are requested to not walk the halls so as to remain respectful of sleeping residents and to use the call bell rather than trying to locate a staff member.
- Pets are not permitted to stay overnight.
- Children under 16 need to have an adult (other than the resident) stay with them.
- Patio doors must be closed and locked overnight.
- If family wish to bring in a single air mattress or use a pullout couch, they need to be put away each morning to facilitate resident care.
- Please refrain from bringing in personal bedding, our staff will provide this for you.